The biggest names in AV are recognizing the benefits of NETGEAR’s engineered-for-Pro AV switches and support for the ever-growing trend of AV over IP – placing audio, video, and control signals on an IP network. The latest industry giant to voice its support is Biamp. Following rigorous testing on both sides, the new M4250 AV Line of Ethernet switches have been fully endorsed by Biamp.
“Biamp is committed to making our products simple to install and easy to use, and we have worked to ensure that Biamp solutions integrate seamlessly with a wide variety of partner solutions. To that end, we are happy to expand our list of supported switches to include NETGEAR’s new M4250 AV Line switches, providing more options for our customers when designing AV systems,” said Joe Andrulis, Executive Vice President of Corporate Development at Biamp.
The list of supported switches from Biamp includes all 11 models of the AV Line of M4250 fully managed switches which have recently also received certification from the Avnu Alliance for both AVB and Milan operability. The new M4250 switches make using AVB extremely easy with a simple electronic license and specific profiles for using AVB audio.
“The support we have received from Biamp through testing illustrates the level of commitment both companies have made to making AV over IP easier to implement,” said Laurent Masia, Director of Product Line management for Managed Switches and the Pro AV Design Team at NETGEAR. “Biamp’s product and engineering teams worked closely with our own to ensure the M4250 switches enhance the experience for Biamp’s customers.”
The NETGEAR M4250 AV Line of switches contain a range of configurations that offer support for multiple audio and video protocols, including the common audio standards of AVB, Dante, and AES67. In addition to a wide variety of industry-standard networking features, this line of switches includes specific features tailored to the AV industry:
- Certification for AVB and Milan support by the Avnu Alliance with support for up to 255 AVB streams.
- Dedicated web-based AV GUI with port-based profiles for different AV protocols greatly simplifying switch configuration.
- Rear-facing ports to provide a clean installation in an AV rack. Reversed mounting hardware with recessed rack ears is also included.
- LEDs on both the front and rear panel for enhanced status visibility.
- Intelligent cooling management control minimizes or eliminates acoustic noise. Software-controlled fan adjustments enable the fans to be turned off when ambient temperature and PoE loads are appropriate for a totally fanless operation.
- Dedicated serial and USB console and out-of-band network ports for configuration and management
- Support for both web-based GUI and command line interface configuration methods
In addition to adding NETGEAR’s M4250 switches to the list of AVB-capable Ethernet switches, Biamp has also developed several articles to answer more technical questions about capabilities and configuration:
Are you deploying BIAMP products? Our free Pro AV Design Team would love to work with you to help design the right network – contact us at email@example.com